Saturday, June 6, 2015

Hi,
I'm sure you've heard this for the past 3 weeks already, but have I told you how much I love Puerto Plata? The people here are just so so soooooooo sweet! I have a baptism coming up next week in my old area in Bonao. So I'll get to go and see her be baptized so that's nice. We also have some other ones coming up. The ones we planned here in Puerto Plata for June 13 are having to be pushed back a couple weeks, but they are still on the right track and progressing! Okay some bummer news. So I've had this ear ache (in my left ear as always) for the past 3 weeks now. Last week I got a hold of the nurse of our mission and told her I thought it was an infection, so she sent me to the pharmacy to get some antibiotics. However after I finished the round I started getting itchy, but no rash. I finally went in to the hospital to the ENT (there's only one in Puerto Plata) and she said that both ears were inflamed and my throat and nose as well. She asked the antibiotic I was taking, and lo and behold it had penicillin in it :( I didn't get a rash, thank heavens, it could have been worse. However I'm now going to try this cortazon shot that I have to buy at the pharmacy and a doctor in our ward will be doing the honors of giving me it....in an area that isn't my arm.....yes my pride my pride will be shattered lol. I hope it works though because its killing me. They say its from acid reflux. I haven't had heart burn or anything but it's called the Silent Reflux because it just inflames everything. I'm sure Lindsey and Kellie can tell you all about it. Anyway that's all that's been happening in my life this week! I forgot my camera, but I'll send you pictures next week! 
Love you!!
Hermana Van Woerkom

No comments:

Post a Comment